Do you push him away because he smells?
Does he have red, greasy and bumpy skin?
The solution? I recommend SPLASH PLUS PET SHAMPOO.
It is clinically proven to reduce itching, soothe skin and treat many underlying infections that plague dogs with skin allergies.
1 out of 5 dogs suffers from skin allergies.
Could YOURS be one of them?
TAKE MY QUIZ TO FIND OUT!
A. Licking his paws, scratching his belly and has an ear infection
B. Sneezing, coughing and has runny eyes
C. Limping and having difficulty climbing stairs
2. My dog started to become itchy when he was:
A. 1-3 years old
B. 3 months to 10 months old
C. 10-13 years old
3. My dog is smelly, even though he spends most of his time indoors.
4. My dog’s fur is:
A. Thin in some areas, especially on his belly and along his sides
B. Changing color
C. Patchy around his eyes and nose
5. In the past 6 months, my dog has had more than two episodes of :
A. "Hot spots" - sudden flare-ups of red, moist, painful skin
B. "Reverse sneezing" - violent sneezing that resembles choking
C. Vomiting – containing digested or undigested food
6. My dog becomes very itchy when:
A. I don't use veterinary recommended flea-preventatives regularly
B. I feed him food containing wheat
C. I use certain laundry detergents to wash his bed and blanket
7. My dog is a purebred or mixture of:
A. Terrier, Retriever or Brachycephalic (“flat-faced”) breed
B. Poodle, Dachshund, Maltese
C. Great Dane, Irish Wolfhound, Newfoundland
If you answered “A” to more than 4 of these questions,
YOUR DOG could have skin allergies. and benefit from using SPLASH PLUS PET SHAMPOO. Available on AMAZON.
Quiz Answer Key: A = Allergies
- A) Unlike people, who often show symptoms of allergies in their upper respiratory tract (watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing), dogs show signs of inflammation and itchiness in their skin, especially on their belly and paws. This is called atopic dermatitis and is associated with allergens a pet has inhaled. Frequent ear infections are also a common sign of atopic dermatitis.
- A) It takes some time for a dog’s immune system to start to develop sensitivities to environmental allergies such as dust, pollen, grasses and mold, so most dogs start showing signs between 1-3 years of age.
- A) Unless your dog regularly rolls around in smelly stuff in your yard, a dog shouldn’t have an odor at all. It is bacteria and yeast that cause a foul odor on your pet. If you can smell your dog, he likely has a skin, ear or mouth infection. With 1 in 3 pet owners refusing to cuddle with their pets because of stinky breath or skin, this is a real problem!
- A) A thinning hair coat could be associated with excessive itching and infection which can damage the hair follicles causing baldness. Other hormone imbalances, autoimmune disorders or mite infections can also cause a thin hair coat.
- A) “Hot spots” can suddenly appear causing a moist, smelly and often very painful skin infection. They are commonly associated with skin allergies, especially to flea bites. The cause of reverse sneezing is often difficult to determine and could be due to inhaling irritants (smoke and air fresheners) or nasal infections (mites and bacteria). Vomiting has many causes including food intolerance or allergies.
- A) Flea-allergy dermatitis is a very common cause of skin allergies. Pets can be allergic to flea saliva, meaning ONE flea bite can cause a significant reaction and intense itching. Forgetting to use flea preventative can cause serious itching if your pet is exposed to fleas. Food allergies (wheat, dairy, eggs and soy) and contact allergies (detergents and chemicals) do occur but not as often as inhalant or atopic dermatitis.
- A) Terriers, (including pit bulls or American Staffordshire Terriers), retrievers (Labrador and Golden Retrievers) and brachycephalic breeds (like bulldogs and pugs) are breeds commonly affected. Many of these dog breeds are very popular pets, so it’s no wonder that 10-15% of the dog population has skin allergies.
If YOU have:
- An itchy, smelly dog
- That started itching between 1-3 years of age and
- Is a breed commonly affected by skin allergies
If you are not seeing any improvement using SPLASH PLUS PET SHAMPOO within 2-3 days, contact your veterinarian for further advice. Check out this great slideshow from PetMD of other common skin problems.